Mac & PC
Go to Mac & PC Guide main item
Go to General Guide, Time affect sets
Time affect sets
The Time Affect Set edit dialog
To get a Time affect set edit dialog from a blank new cross-section description:
- Click on the “Add” item under Time Affect Sets on the main menu. This will add a Time Affect Set to the Time Affect Set list.
- Click on this new Time Affect Set in the list to select it.
- Click the “Edit” item under Time Affect Sets on the main menu. This will open the Time Affect Set edit dialog with a Time Affect Set description that is all default values.
The Time Affect Set edit dialog is a table edit dialog although unlike the other table edit dialogs it has a fixed number of lines; there being one line for each component. The table has four columns:
- A line number
- The component name
- A creep coefficient. That is the ratio of the creep strain to the elastic strain of the loading causing the creep.
- A shrinkage; a strain that is constant over the area of the component. This is to be expressed as a positive number although when the set is applied it is a negative contribution to the Other Distortion strain.
Near the top of this dialog is a combination list box labeled “Creep load =” and displaying the selection “No affect”. The other possible selections from this list are the Load-cases in the main Load-case list.